Breakups are never easy for anyone. This includes the two going through the breakup and family and friends of the two. If you are friends with someone who is going through a breakup, you may be wondering what the right thing to say is. There are certain things people say because they think it will be comforting to the friend. Theresa E. DiDonato Ph.D., a contributor writer for Psychology Today, says there are 6 things you should never say to a friend after a breakup.
- "I never liked you guys together, anyway"
- "You'll be fine; you didn't date for very long anyway"
- " Don't worry. You're still young"
- " Let's check out his/her Facebook page and see what he's doing"
- "Just don't go changing your hair color. Be yourself!"
- "Be single for a while; don't try to date anyone right away."
Click here to read the full article.