Recovering from an addiction is not a simple process. There are many different ways to cope. Recovering from addiction also means changing what your previous routine was in your life. This may mean making a completely new group of friends, or moving away to new city, or getting rid of anything or anyone that may contribute to the possibility of relapse. Ken Seeley, a contributor writer for Psych Central, has 5 steps to help you stop drug addiction before it starts:
- Find healthy ways to cope with stress
- Seek therapy or counseling
- Maintain a lifestyle that makes you happy
- Have things in your life that you care deeply about
- Be aware of your family's history with substance abuse
To learn more about these 5 steps, click here.