Breaking up is never easy, and every one handles it differently. Breaking up during the holidays can be especially tough because there are some many things people want to do and experiences people want to share with their loved one. Rita Watson MPH, a contributor writer for Psychology Today, has some tips on how to overcome the break-up blues.
- Start your days with gratitude
- Resist the temptation to talk unkindly about your ex-love
- Practice image replacement
- Consider social media
- Try using a gratitude journal
- Be careful of expectations
- Make a new relationship checklist
- Guard against repeating the past
- Hug and be hugged
- Remain open to infatuation or even love at first sight
- Make plans with friends who are upbeat
- Embrace laughter
- Try mindfulness exercises
Click here to learn more about overcoming the break up blues.