One of the most important things in a relationship is that both people are emotionally engaged. If one person is not emotionally available, it will make it very difficult for the relationship to work. Here are some tips on how you can engage with your partner emotionally.
- Identify your feelings
- Share your true emotions
- Feel the fire, but don't get burned
- Ask for a response
- Find a safe place where you can vent
- Never assume how someone else feels
- Make the dialogue meaningful
- Accept that you may not feel great afterwards
- Speak how you want to be spoken too
- If you don't get what you need, get help
Click here to read the full article on Psychology Today.