When it comes to relationships there are some many different things that people look for in a relationship. What people want in a relationship can different from others. There are certain things that some people believe all relationships should have and that others think are not that necessary. Guy Winch Ph.D., a contributor writer for Psychology Today has a list of the most common relationship myths.
- If the relationship was "meant to be," it will just work out
- Avoid voicing dissatisfactions early on
- Couple should have sex X times a month/week/day
- He/she know exactly what they did to upset me
- Having a baby will solve out problems
- If you're truly happy with your partner, you shouldn't need to be close to anyone else
- Couple in good relationships don't argue
- Never go to bed angry
- You should learn to love your partner's worst qualities
- Good relationships don't require work
Click here to learn why these myths are not true.