Due to humans social nature, we like the company of others. Interacting with people brings happiness, comfort and fulfillment. If certain people that we interact with give us those feelings, we tend to choose to have relationships with them. However, there are times when we crave those feelings so much that we will stay in a relationship even if it is not providing us with happiness and comfort. We can find ourselves stuck in a relationship. Beverly D. Flaxington, a contributor writer for Psychology Today has a list of some signs to look for to see if your relationship is flawed.
- You feel unhappy and worn out by the relationship
- You feel happier away from your partner
- You feel like you are talking to a wall
- You don't feel valued or appreciated enough
- You've been verbally attacked or put down in public by your partner
To learn more about being stuck in a relationship, click here.