Knowing that someone you love has Depression can some times be difficult. You want to do all you can to help, but sometimes you just don't know what to say or what to do. You don't want to do anything that would make the depression worse. Therese J. Borchard, the Associate Editor for Psych Central has 10 things that can say to a loved one with Depression that may help:
- "Can I relieve your stress in any way?"
- "What do you think might help you feel better?"
- "Is there something I can do for you?"
- "Can I drive you somewhere?"
- "You won't always feel this way."
- " Can you think of anything contributing to your depression?"
- "What time of day is hardest for you?"
- "I'm here for you."
- "Where are you getting support?"
- Sometimes saying nothing and just listening is the best option
To learn more about what you can say to a loved one with depression, click here.