Those who do not experience stress at an extreme level do not understand that stress can cause some people physical pain. Lindsay Holmes, a contributor writer for the Huffington Post, spoke with some people who experience extreme amounts of pain, and had them describe it in words. Below are some of the quotes from the people Holmes spoke with:
- "Like a huge knot in my stomach."
- "I feel like a shark bit me in the stomach."
- "Stress feels like carrying around a mental cinderblock."
- "It feels like a weight on my shoulders."
- "Stress is like being hugged by a giant."
To read more about how people describe stress, click here.