The teenage years are not easy for anyone. These years are tough due to the amount of new things that teenagers are exposed to. This is a time when most people become exposed to various drugs and alcohol as well. This is also a time when some people start to experiment with different substances. Howard Liddle, a contributor writer for Teen Drug Abuse has a list of few causes of adolescent substance abuse:
- insufficient parental supervision and monitoring
- lack of communication between parents and kids
- poor communication about drug use
- inconsistent and excessively severe discipline
- family conflict
- favorable parental attitudes toward adolescent drug and alcohol use
To learn more about causes of teen substance abuse and when to seek help, click here.