Those who suffer from a mental illness have been stigmatized for years. Luckily, as we are about to enter 2016, people are learning more about mental illnesses and learning to say goodbye to the stereotypes of those with a mental illness. Rachel Griffin, a contributor writer for the Huffington Post, says there are 9 main reasons we need to stop labeling those individuals struggling with a mental illness.
- It makes people resist getting help
- It makes people feel like monsters
- It makes you accidentally hurt people you care about
- It makes people feel alone
- It makes people go off medication
- Mental illness is not just sadness or experiencing negative emotions
- It makes people feel weak
- It makes people get crappy care
- It make people not know what's wrong with them
Click here to learn more about not putting a stigma on mental illnesses.