Mental illness is more common than most people think. There are also many negative stereotypes when it comes to mental illnesses. Lindsay Holmes, a contributor writer for the Huffngton Post, has a list of some myths about mental illness that people still believe.
- It's contagious
- Mental illness is an indication of violence
- It's uncommon
- Mental illness is "all in your head"
- You can't recover from mental health issues
- Mental illness stems from a bad childhood
- You can't help someone suffering from a mental health disorder
Click here to learn why these myths about mental illness are not true.