The main purpose of a marriage therapist is to have someone on the outside of the relationship listen to the problems a couple is having and try to help them. Some problems may be small, and other couples may have larger problems. Accorrding to Brittany Wong, a contributor writer for the Huffington Post, there are times when a marriage therapist has to give the couple some tough love. Here are the most blunt statements some marriage therapist have said to their clients.
- "Pay up every time your temper flares up"
- "You have too many issues for couple's therapy"
- "Lose an argument every once in a while"
- "Stop talking to your affair partner--or watch your marriage fall apart"
- "You might need to go your separate ways"
- "Decide if your wife is the woman you want to be ambivalent about for the rest of your life"
- "Admit it: You're having an affair"
- "You need to get a life outside the marriage"
- "You can't keep punishing your spouse for cheating"
- "You're wasting a lot of money in my office"
Click here to read why there marriage therapists said these things.