Having a strong relationship doesn't come easy. There is a lot of hard work that goes into making a relationship a healthy and strong one. Dr. Jeffery Bernstein, a contributor writer for Psychology Today has a list of 12 tips that can be helpful in making a relationship a strong one. These tips can help increase the quality and closeness of your relationship.
- Listen, really listen
- Keep the big picture mentality
- Put your partner's needs above your own
- Catch your partner doing things you appreciate
- Use "I" statements
- Aim to resolve disagreements quickly
- Don't bring up the past when dealing with the present
- Don't nag. Stand in the mirror and nag at yourself
- Be Spontaneous
- Don't trash your partner to others
- Don't insult or belittle your partners work, relatives, or interests
- No Whining
To read more about how these tips can help your relationship, click here.