Unfortunately, relationships don't come with warning labels. We never know if the relationship is going to be a good one or if it is going to end badly. Fortunately, there are warning signs we can look out for. Most people would call these "red flags." Susan Krauss Whitbourne Ph.D., a contributor writer for Psychology Today, says there are 5 main red flags to look for, before jumping into a relationship with someone.
- Your family and friends do not like the person
- You're getting a lot of excuses that don't ring true
- It's getting too close too fast
- Your partner has very few friends
- Your partner is a heavy substance or alcohol user
Click here to see why these are red flags and why you should look out for them.