Every human experiences various types of emotions. You can feel happy, sad, or angry. Especially with anger, we can let the anger get out of control for no reason. Some people have anger management issues. Marcia Reynolds Psy.D., a contributor writer for Psychology Today, has five steps to help you manage your emotional triggers.
- Accept responsibility for your actions
- Recognize that you are having an emotional reaction as soon as it begins to appear in your body
- Determine what triggered the emotion
- Choose what you want to feel and what you want to do
- Actively shift your emotional state
To learn more about managing your emotional triggers, click here.