Depression is a mental illness that can be difficult, not only for the people suffering from it but also for the people around them. Most people don't know how to show love to someone who is suffering from depression. Kelly Baker, a contributor writer for the Huffington Post has some tips on how to show love to someone with depression.
- Help them keep clutter at bay
- Fix them a healthy meal
- Get them outside
- Ask them to help you understand what they're feeling
- Encourage them to focus on self-care
- Hug them
- Laugh with them
- Reassure them that you can handle their feelings
- Challenge their destructive thoughts
- Remind them why you love them
Click here to learn more about showing love to someone with depression.