Knowing if you have a controlling partner can be difficult to know when you are the one in the relationship. The people who usually notice first are friends and family. Hearing that your partner is controlling may not be the easiest thing to digest. Being in a relationship with someone who is controlling can be dangerous. If you begin to realize that your partner is controlling here are some steps to take to break free of a controlling partner.
- Assess your level of safety
- Assemble your support system
- Map out different paths and scenarios
- Practice self-care
- Reach out and ask for help
- Understand that feelings can be mixed
- Keep following through
Click here to learn more about these steps to break free from a controlling partner.