When a relationship ends, most people may find themselves in a new relationship soon after. These relationships are usually known as a rebound relationship. Jumping into a new relationship is a way for some people to easily move on from their previous relationship. Preston Ni M.S.B.A., a contributor writer for Psychology Today, says that some rebound relationships can be unhealthy. Here are some signs that a rebound relationship may be unhealthy.
- Getting involved with someone who's not a serious prospect
- You like the relationship for the attention
- Calls partner when lonely, neglects partner when happy
- You want to show off your new partner to your ex
- Projecting traits of ex onto new partner
- Thinking about your ex while being with your new partner
- Not including the new partner in your inner circle
Click here to learn more about an unhealthy rebound relationship.