As time goes on in a relationship, it is very easy to get too comfortable, and forget about intimacy. Many couples go through this. Susan K Perry Ph.D., a contributor writer for Psychology Today, says: " Intimacy is the sense of being fully known by another person, and of being loved because of who you are." Here are some ways to increase intimacy in your relationship.
- Disclose more to feel closer
- Make time for deeply emotional conversations
- Do something new or big together
- Relish the routine
- Shake up the routine
- Make it harder to walk away
- Ensure that it's safe to be open
- Consider whether you're a better match than you think
- Give credit where it's due
- Intimacy is more than words, more than sex
Click here to learn more about how you can increase intimacy in your relationship.