No one is perfect, therefore we are bound to make a mistake every once in a while. When you make a mistake in a relationship it is important to realize that you made a mistake and learn how you can fix the mistake and learn how to not make the same mistake twice. Melissa Orlov, a contributor writer for Psychology Today has some tips on how to recover from a relationship mistake.
- Your partner is your equal
- No matter what you have to say, you can say it respectfully
- People are more important than things
- It takes two to have a relationship
- Good communication is not given, but a skill that must be practiced
- There is such a thing as a bad apology. Don't make one
- You are responsible for your own happiness
- Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself
- Sex is the canary in the mine
Click here to learn more about how to recover from mistakes made in a relationship.