Many couples never know if they really need to invest in couples counseling. One of the partners may feel that they need it, and the other may not. It is known that about 50 percent of first marriages end in divorce. Although for some couples separation or divorce may seem like the only option, but for those who want to try and keep the relationship couples counseling is a great option. For those that are unsure if couples counseling is needed, Donna M. White, a contributor writer for Psych Central has 7 reasons to seek couples counseling.
- Communication has become negative
- When one or both partners considers having an affair, or one has an affair
- When the couple seems to be "just occupying the same space"
- When the partners do not know how to resolve their differences
- When one partner begins to act out on negative feelings
- When the only resolution appears to be separation
- When a couple is staying together for the sake of the children
To learn more about seeking couples counseling, click here.