In most cases depression is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. In other cases, depression can be brought on by factors in our live that we cannot control, such as: a death in the family or financial troubles. However, some of our depression can be fixed by just changing a few of our daily habits. Carey Rossi, a contributor writer for the Huffington Post has a list of the worst daily habits for your mental health. To raise your happiness levels, make some changes in these behaviors.
- Don't slouch when you walk
- Don't take pictures of EVERYTHING
- Don't let a bully get the best of you
- Add more exercise into your daily routine
- Don't procrastinate
- Try to stay away from any toxic relationships
- Don't take life too seriously
- Get more sleep each night
- Try to get more alone time
- Stay in touch with friends
- Put some space between you and your mobile phone
- Multitask less
To learn more about how changing daily habits can decrease your depression, click here.