Addiction is not something that is easily cured overnight. Addiction is something that people will have to battle for the rest of their lives. Addiction doesn't end when your done with rehab. There is still work that has to be done to keep from entering back into the addiction. Most people who have an addiction end up going to rehab more than once in their lives. Addiction.com has some tips on how to avoid getting stuck in the revolving door of rehab.
- Choose your rehab facility carefully
- Make a serious commitment
- Share that commitment with close family and friends
- Make a plan for aftercare
- Join a support group in recovery
- Prepare for relapse
To read the full article on Addiction.com, click here.