It is becoming more known that mental illness is more common than people might think. According to Amy Morin, a contributor writer for Huffington Post, one in five Americans experience a mental health problem sometime in their life. Unfortunately, there are so many misconceptions when it comes to mental illnesses. Here are five lies about mental health that could be ruining your mental health.
- You're either mentally ill or mentally healthy
- Mental illness is a sign of weakness
- You can't prevent mental health problems
- People with mental illness are violent
- Mental health problems are forever
Click here to learn more about these mental illness lies.